Critical Reflection

It's been a long journey throughout this module, and to say the least, it has been challenging. While attending the module, I learned a lot of important things that are very crucial to how I develop my thinking, writing, and sharing of experience and knowledge with my peers. During the early stages of the lesson, I believed that the first activity I did was to communicate with my partner and gather important information about the task given during the class. From there on, I realized that this module would help me in areas where I feel the need for constant development to prepare myself in the working industry. Some areas where I feel this module has touched on which is, developing my critical thinking, communicating with team members and, providing good and constructive feedbacks for others to improve on, and how I should present myself as a person and in the form of writings.

Throughout the module, I felt the constant push from my professor and peers to do well in my effective communication. It provided a sense of reassuring and motivated me to push on and do well. We created a blog and every one of us has the opportunity to read and give others good constructive feedback. This helps us in acknowledging our peer’s strengths and weaknesses. We were also given the opportunity to work with other members with the constant rotation of grouping.

With this experience that I received from this module, I hoped that it would be a stepping stone for me to work on and progress on. I am determined to develop further my thinking skills and share whatever I acquire in this lesson with other individuals. Our ability to communicate requires continuous learning, and the more experience we possess, the more proficient we will become.

One of the main scopes of this module was to develop from scratch a sensor that would enhance the living environment with the implementation of technologies. We faced some difficulties with what types of new engineering innovations that we would like to implement. Through numerous researches and brainstorming of ideas, we finally came across a sensor that could help enhance the safety of residents. My group members have positive chemistry looming and I am very happy to say that throughout any group discussion we managed to understand and reached a common ground together. From there, we learn from each other, and the mistakes we made. We give constructed feedbacks that would improve one another. Along the way, I feel that we progressed together to reach the final stages of the group work.

We managed to develop an idea through numerous research made, we then progressed into solidifying our ideas through ideation, gap, and goal. With that, we then proceeded and began looking in-depth with more secondary research available. Working with team members help me to gain more knowledge of my team’s way of working style and I learn to adapt quickly to suit the needs of my team members. We gave out tasks accordingly to fit the capabilities of each other and make sure that we can accomplish the task given on time. In the future team works, I will face some challenges and opportunities which are much different than what I am facing in this module. It will help me to progress more when such opportunities arose. Hopefully, with this effective communication module, I can use it on my future team project and assist my team members with report writing and more. It is also a good thing that I have been through such a module at the start of my university education. It will give me something to work on throughout my time here and improve my language and presentation skills from here on. I am very grateful for the effort my professor has put in. 

Comments

Popular Posts